A helicopter is one of the most splendid way to discover the Marvelous City, as what Rio is known as. You can choose from a variety of nine flights from Helisight with rates from R$150 (USD $60) to R$875 (USD $365) per person. Cash and credit cards including American Express are accepted. Sugar Loaf and Lagoa are where you can find their available heliports. If you don't really care about a little chaos and is planning a whole day tour, you can travel via Sugar Loaf heliport. For a smoother travel, no lines, no traffic, peaceful and absolutely beautiful experience of seeing the Christ the Redeemer, Lagoa heliport is recommended.
Rob and I travelled through Lagoa heliport, down to Ipanema, around the famous beach of Copacabana and ending the trip passing twice the very well known as the new wonder of the world, Christ the Redeemer. I could always say that this is one of the most unforgettable times we had in Rio.
In preparation for a great helicopter trip, here's a list of helpful ideas:
1. There are a minimum of three people for all flights. You will be required to wait for them to find someone to fill the seats if there's only the two of you. Nevertheless, you won't have to pay for the seats and you'd be allowed to fly if 30 minutes have lapsed and they still can't find another person to fill the vacant seats. You can also opt for paying the third seat if you want to have a private tour.
2. There is no limit as to how many photos and videos you're going to take so get those cameras and video cameras ready.
3. If you want to fully enjoy your day trip, make sure it is going to be a clear day. You get to appreciate your helicopter ride around Rio better especially when it's time to catch a very clear glimpse of Christ the Redeemer if there are no low hanging clouds that are often experienced.
#4: Whichever package you choose, make sure it includes Christ the Redeemer. You'll fly so close you'll think you can touch the statue!
If you DO plan to use the Sugar Loaf Heliport then know the following:
1. In order to be one of the first few people in line for getting into the cable car that will take you to the first rock station, the area where the heliport is located, be sure to be there earlier.
2. Helicopter rides and cable car rides are to be paid separately. Tickets for the cable car are at $20.00
3. Traffic is common when going and leaving Sugar Loaf especially during the peak tourist seasons. Around these periods, be sure to be a few hours earlier.
About the Author:
If you like this article please shere it